Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union...

I think I could better understand Republicans' anger at Obama if I was happier with his performance.  In my opinion, he hasn't done anything worth their anger or my happiness.  Guantanamo is still open, our troops are still in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan, corporations are still making money off of the misery and/or the basic needs of the people, we don't have universal health care, the rich have been bailed out while the rest of us are left treading water, our schools are not improved, our roads and infrastructure are still falling apart, the environment continues to deteriorate, I still don't have anything that runs on solar power, and most of my non-retired family is unemployed.

I didn't expect him to fix all of this in the first year.  But one thing would be nice.  If any of my lefty friends can point out one good thing he's done, I would love to hear about it.  And pardoning that one turkey on Thanksgiving doesn't count.

I know this runs counter to my last post about Obama, but a lot sort of sank in tonight as I watched the address.

And Wow, aside from being sick, I think I have figured out part of why I've been a bit depressed lately.  I hope to find some hope again soon.

Anyway, here's the State of the Union 2010 in Wordle. (www.wordle.net)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home