Friday, December 23, 2005

Baking, Wrapping and other ing things...

So my plan was to work on a baked item, pop it in the oven , and then come blog about it. It just didn't work out that way. Timing is the hardest part of cooking, and I'm getting pretty good at timing all parts of a meal so they all come to the table together. But throwing blogging in to the mix, well, that's gonna take a little time to get all sorted out.

Since my initial holiday baking post, Rachel and I have done a whole big bunch, and I've also found ot that, weather and butcher shop permitting, in addition to all of the cookies you are about to see, I will be doing a Southern Comfort rotisserie ham on Sunday.

In the mean time, here's how the evening went.

Rachel checked out the baking shelf in the pantry...






I got my grin on...














...and then chopped some nuts.
















Rachel, whom I am nuts about, and whose fudge was done first, went to wrapping presents. And she got blurry somehow. Perhaps it was the camera. Anyway, while she wrapped...















I mixed...















And then she grated chocolate for the chocolate Mexican wedding cookies. She's good, my wife. She is.













Here's some of the results so far. The Reindeer Poop cookies...
















And the chocolate and straight up Mexican Wedding Cookies.















So, you know, don't make fun of my outfit. I got it on eBay back when eBay was cool. And aside from being stylish and giving me confidence, the black is slimming.

The Triplechocolate whatever I'm gonna call 'em cookies are cooling on another rack. Visually, they aren't worth the hassle of taking another picture, reducing it in Photoshop, uploading, and tagging it. But they taste really good. Anyway, there is a slight chance that you are one of the very few people who will both read this blog about the cookie creating process and receive some of the cookies as well. Ted and Laurie are the top candidates. We'll see how it all shakes out. Maybe Brad, but it's a bit of a drive.

Anyway, here's the mess I have to go deal with now.


So if it takes me a while to post again, that's the reason.

Tomorrow it's frosted brownies, and possibly these wicked good chocolate filled pillow sugar cookies Rachel makes.

There were six or eight things Rachel and I decided I should blog about tonight. These include:

-My first book will be called, "Does Your Wife Know You're Gay?"

-The common origins of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers

-The genius of Repo Man - "It happens somtimes, people just explode. Natural causes."

I'm sure there were others. Maybe they'll come to me. Or maybe I won't ever get to the above items I listed, even. We'll see. Give me a break. I'm on vacation sort of. And I have dishes to do.

So while my beautiful, sexy, loving, kind and ever so supportive wife sleeps, I'm going to do dishes for a while and then go snuggle up next to her.




And please know that I will receive a mighty smack, a robust pinch, or possibly both when my beautiful, sexy, loving, kind, and ever so supportive wife sees I snapped a picture of her while she was sleeping and posted it.

Peace to you and yours and those around you, and those around them and so on, and so on around this great big world of ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home