Monday, December 24, 2007

Fantasy Football and Pick 'Em...

This is meaningless stuff, for the most part. But I play Fantasy Football in Cuz's league, and Pick 'Em in Brad's. And I have stunk up both leagues all season this year. I squeaked in to the playoffs in the Fantasy Legaue, and somehow my TikiGods got lucky and knocked off Uncle Dave's Plaid Zebras. I lost in the second round, but had a monster week this week and took 3rd place - that's $50, which is break even.

In the Pick 'Em league, it wasn't much fun. Brad changed the rules this year so we used confidence points instead of point spread. And people did nothing but complain all season long. And I am not very good at this new format. I am on the bubble for the playoffs. But, miraculously, there is my team, "OneEyedMonkey" at the top of the heap going in to Monday night's game. I have a 1 point lead over 1 guy and a 2 point lead over two others. Now, on paper, if we all pick the favorites, I lose because I've only got confidence nine and the other guys have 12. So I think I have to pick the underdog and Denver has to win for me to have a shot. Unless of course they are thinking the same way. In which case, I need to stay with the favorite. But then, Denver has nothing to lose. And statistically, Denver is due. But they are on the road. And LT has a shot at the rushing title. But then, Denver can be good against the run.

Ugh - I need to be wrapping presents.

I just hit up Uncle Dave for some advice. I'm sticking with San Diego and letting the chips fall where they may. Could be a 3 way tie for first.

And I think my cell phone died today. Just flat out died. No drops, no bangs, no water or rain, it is just dead. Coincidentally, my to year contract is up. So I'm wondering if they have some sort of built in self destruct mechanism or something. Maybe Chris, being an industry insider, has some insight there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The phone def. has a self destruct program. My friend bought a new refrigerator that died on day 366 of her owning it. That's right, she had a one year warranty!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home