Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkey Hangover...

So Thanksgiving was great all day long. We didn't stress out much. I cooked all day. All of the food came was delicious. I actually had a fortunate accident. My grill ran out of gas while cookng the ham and I had forgotten about it for a bit. I think that saved it from being burned to a charred inedible lump. And Lola's stuffing was delicious without the veal. Maybe I'll cook it that way every time from now on. Family recipes can evolve, right?

Here's some pictures:



Here's me at the grill...




...and Rachel's turkey perfection...



...and folks round the table.




After dinner, I hit the whiskey shelf in the Tiki Lounge. Perhaps a little too hard.



I really enjoyed the holiday. And yesterday was the first day in months that I just relaxed and didn't worry about anything. Nothing to do. No creeping deadllines. Lots of good leftovers to eat. Today I'm putting up the Christmas lights and cleaning my office. Tomorrow I'll watch football and do a little work in the office to get ready for next week.


All in all, it was a great start to the holiday season. The only thing more I could have asked for would be for my parents, my sister, and my new brother-in-law to be here. But we raised our glasses to them all. And I've got a little shot of Knob Creek here to take the chill off while I string up the rest of the lights.

Cheers, Paul! (*gulp*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home