Sunday, March 12, 2006

Why I started a blog...

So lots of people have really great reasons for starting a blog. For some, it's a way to keep family members informed about their lives. For others, it's an attempt to make the world a better place by writing about social injustice or politics. And for some, it's about recipes. I blog for all of those reasons, and more. And I enjoy it quite a bit.

But I have to give some thanks to Sara Record Frings - wife of The Big Cheese, Gary Frings, and the only person among my circle of friends I fear sitting across from me at Scrabble.

Last year we were sitting around their place in the Oakland Hills, and in the course of conversation, I went on a few of my little rants. Maybe about Starbucks or how much I hate Walmart. She kept saying, "You have to start a blog." That was the refrain for the evening. It got to be a running gag that evening.

And that running gag is what finally motivated me to get one going. I sent the link to Gary way back when I first started, and he still hasn't sent it to her.

So I am posting this entry for Sara and will e-mail her an invatation.

Thanks Sara.

--Whoops - did I mention that Sara is a spelling champion? And she was kind enough to not point out that I spelled invitation wrong. I mean incorrectly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my pleasure. And you should have known perfectly well that Gary would never send me that link ... silly you.

I look forward to browsing around a bit ...

cheers!

Sara

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home