Monday, March 06, 2006

What would Jack Bauer do?

So Rachel and I just spent two hours together watching 24 (instead of CSI or Law and Order: Criminal Intent). And she's gone to bed.

And I said, "I'll be there in a few."

And she said, "I've heard that before."

We have this same conversation 2 or 3 times a week.

Anyway...

I got to thinking about terrorism and whatnot.

You know how a while back the N.Y. Times broke the story (that they sat on for a year or so) about the Bush Administration using illegal warrantless wiretaps for surveillance of U.S. citezizens? And when the story broke, the administration vowed to find the source of the leak? You know, because the information gives the enemy our playbook. Or at least a few pages from our playbook. No concern about the illegal acts, let's attack the person or persons who exposed the crime rather than punish the criminals themselves.

Anyway - it occured to me that a terrorist could learn more about our playbook from watching twenty minutes of one episode of 24 than they could from the combined reporting of the entire mainstream media for the last 20 years.

Let's just hope they never rent 1998's "Enemy Of The State."

That's all I'm saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home