Saturday, February 25, 2006

Are you kidding me?

Exxon just had record earnings. Not just for Exxon - for any company in the history of the world. I stopped for gas tonight, inserted my card at the pump and I was stunned to see a message on the display that said "This machine charges 45 cents for this transaction, do you agree to this charge?"

Hell no, I don't agree. I then looked more closely at the pump and saw the above signs that said "Debit Card Only" and "35 cent charge." The only way this sort of thing can be stopped is if people refuse to pay it. Why does the sign on the machine say 35 cents and then the screen says 45 cents? Who makes this money? And why can't I just use my credit card? Does Exxon really need another 45 cents? Their price gouging and profits are obscene already.

This is the first I've seen of this at gas pumps. Exxon on 4th Street in Santa Rosa. Have you seen them anywhere else?

Please, don't ever pay it. Walk in and pay cash or use your credit card. Or drive to the next station. If consumers refuse to pay, they will have to remove this ridiculous fee. Tell others to do the same. If you don't, before long, they will be charging $2.00 like they do at the ATM. If you pull a $20 bill, that's 10% right off the top and probably another 10% from your bank on your next statement. And it all started with them offering us the "convenience and security of ATM transactions."

Aside from that, we had a nice dinner at Rachel's parents' house and went to see Matador. It was pretty funny, but I'd wait to NetFlix the DVD. nothing visually spectacular or anything. Oh, there was a scary preview for a disturbing film called "Night Watch."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring

9:55 AM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Gee, I even included a picture. How can I make this more exciting for you?

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home