Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Flu Blog Day 1...

I know text only is a little boring - but believe me, you don't want pictures.

I think I finally came down with whatever Jake had in Disneyland and Rachel had when we got back. It is no fun. I woke up tasting my dinner at about 3:00 this morning. I barely made it to the bathroom. And I was amazed at how much I threw up. The process of throwing up, of course made me jerk my neck and heave my whole body, and that flared up my shoulder which had been getting much better lately up until that point. So then I took my pain medication. And it came right back up. So I just went to bed. Got up again at 4:50 or so. Same thing, and again, I was amazed at how much there was in me to come out- I thought the first one emptied me out and I only had little sips of ice water between the two purge events.

I sort of lounged about until Rachel and Jake left for work and school. Then I took care of some work tasks that needed to be done and changed my voicemail message. Then went to sleep. Woke up at 11:30 to find that Price Is Right was on from 10-11, and from 10-11 only.

You just can't be home sick and not watch Price Is Right, can you? Isn't it part of the healing process? That, 7-up, and a cold wet wasch cloth on your face? I'll make sure I set an alarm for tomorrow.

Fortunately I was able to tune in to Napolean Dynamite that had started at 11:15. And I was able to keep my Vicodin/Acetominophen down. I took two because I thought I was going to throw them right back up. But they stayed down. It's helping with the shoulder as well as the flu aches.

Emboldened, I sucked down a little strawberry milkshake. So far, so good.

I've got a sales call at 2:30 and then my afternoon looks like a great big nap. Or maybe a little Playstation 2 first until my eyes get heavy.

Jake was sick for three or four days. Rachel was pretty sick for about a week. But she had to go in to work. I am hoping to kick this out a little quicker.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick, Bro...Maybe it's just your body's way of kicking out that crappy coffee you drank!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Wow! Now that you mention it, what came up tasted a lot like Starbucks going down. That could be it.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home