Saturday, March 11, 2006

Snow Blog Day 1...


So it was a hoot. Rachel got home from work safely. And then it started dumping again. So we went out and played in it. It was a blast. Throwing snowballs, well, it probably wasn't the best thing for me as my shoulder is throbbing a bit. But what was I suppsed to do. You can't not throw a snowball when it's the first time you've had really good snow at your house and you've been waiting for it for almost two years.

Especially when you wife looks like a cute little kid with her giganto snow ball...



And your cute little kid looks like, well, a cute little kid...



Here 's a good picture of the Hotel Yorba...



And here's a picture Rachel took of snow on our palm tree. Isn't that just SO VERY California! Our old landlords, Dee and Robin, gave us that palm tree as a wedding present. Travis and Julie gave us a bamboo tree. So maybe there's something magical about living things given as wedding presents because they are the only plants we seem to be able to keep alive.



And finally, here's a good picture of me. It's not often that I say that. Perhaps I have some lingering self esteem problems. But the light was right - the sun was going down, there was snow on the ground, and Rachel snapped a good one. I think anyway.




The weird thing right now is that there is snow on the ground and it is freezing cold but you can look up and see tons of stars as if it were a Summer night. It is so beautiful and still out. And quiet. If we had a hot tub, I would be in it. Maybe business will pick up and we'll get one next year. But for now, I'm going to go bundle up and go out on the balcony and look at the stars. Then I'm going to crawl in to bed and let my heater wife warm me up again. She makes the cutest little whine when I come to bed freezing.

I'm not sure what to expect but the forecast says more snow is on the way tomorrow and Sunday. I hope it comes during the day time. It was so much fun.

The Kings were under the weather, so no Snugglers today. But there's always tomorrow.

We had crock pizza for dinner and I made oatmeal triple chocolate disaster cookies and we watched Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire. I have to watch it again as I feel like I didn't quite get it. Or maybe it just wasn't as good as the previous movies. A little rushed, maybe. Trying to cram it in before the kids grow up maybe? And I didn't really like the new Dumbledoor. A little too spry. And I thought it was supposed to be played by Gandalf and it wasn't. Whatever. I think we're going to watch Walk The Line tomorrow night.

Peace and Snow to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home