Monday, April 10, 2006

I remember when Ted Williams was in town...

...and he stopped by the local ball park and watched our game. I was just 10 years old and catching. After the game, he pulled me aside and said, "You've got a great swing there, kid. Keep your eye on the ball and wait for your pitch."

OK, that never happened. But Bluememe did stop by here and left a comment...

bluememe said...

Good stuff, Eric -- I try to avoid Fox like the plague, but I'll keep the term in mind.

Keep on keepin' on.

I sent him a link because I liked the "foxnewsworthy" idea, but still. This is a very big deal for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

RELIVE THE "MAGIC"-

http://www.sandiegoserenade.com/2006/04/1986_world_series_game_6_reena.html

ribbit!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Oh that was just wrong.

I do, however, like what he said about Buckner. He does take more grief than is deserved from most people. I remember watching that series in my girfriend's dorm room. It changed me from an occasional smoker to a chain smoker. Maybe I can sue the Red Sox instead of Phillip Morris.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

yeah them bostonians chased poor Billy outta that town....
it was Shiraldi who shoulda been burned at the stake....
what an unforgiving game

9:42 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

and not for nuthin, eric-
you weild a mean stick!
I seen you at the cages man!
Teddy Ballgame woulda approved.....

9:46 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Oh man, I forgot about that! I might still have blisters from the cages. That was a load of fun.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home