Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Oakland Zoo...

We took a family trip to the Oakland Zoo today. It was Rachel's great idea.


It was a blast. Saw lots of cool animals. The best part for me was the sky ride. While going over the lion pen, one lion made a noise. I imitated the noise. It made the noise back. We talked like this for a few minutes until another lion interrupted. Man those things are loud. It's this deep throaty sound. Definitely instills fear and says, "This is SO my space."










































Here's some animals:


























Rachel gets all goofy for meerkats. Next to my conversation with the lion, my favorite thing was watching Rachel watch the meerkats and listening to her giggle over their antics. And we got to the exhibit right at feeding time. Meal worms - yummy!






























I rode a wild turtle. Eight seconds - I made it to the buzzer. Thank god for the hardworking zoo clowns who got me out of there safely after my ride.







We were supposed to go to the drive in tonight with the Kings, but they were showing 'R' rated movies and Andrea would be with us. And it's a bummer because it would be a hoot to see Miami Vice with my friend the Sheriff.

So Rachel and I stayed home and watched the Perseid Meteor Shower. A bit of a bummer tonight as the waning Gibbous moon wrecked the show. But we saw some nice ones - and watching the show from the hot tub was flippin' sweet!


It's something of an anniversary for us. We spent the evening of our first date watching the shower from my balcony on Louise Avenue when I lived with Mike and Angela. 11 years ago! Of course our wedding anniverary is in a couple of weeks. 4 years, that.

Here's a picture of us - it's a bit symbolic as we are on a long slow ride.



Happy Anniversary wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home