Monday, December 24, 2007

The New and Improved Hotel Yorba Courtesy Car...

I still have a few more holes to drill, a little JB weld to apply, and I need to wire up the 12 volt accessory jack. But that can wait. For now, it's solid. Here she is in all her glory...

Notice the "HOTEL YORBA" mock license plate, fuzzy dice, and tinted windshield.

Above, you can see the rain enclosure and the 5-way rear view mirror. And I'm really glad we decided to paint the roof black. I think it looks slick.

And below, that's the carbon fiber locking dash and the catalytic heater.


I took it out for a test drive last night and I was toasty warm with that heater running. Now if we can just get all of our wrapping done, and stuff for tomorrow cooked and all, we'll take our bundled up drive with hot cocoa.

Also, Rachel let me take a picture of her finger...

It's a good one. But it hurts less today and she is getting her wrapping done. I think there may be a few more gift bags than she had originally planned, though.

And her injury did not prevent her from cutting all of the See's in half so that "we could all share." Of course, she's really just doing it to see which ones she likes. Fortunately, by now Santa has already left and as of departure, she was on the nice list.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...You cut the See's??? I just take a bite & put it back in the box if it's gross!!!! Happy Holidays to you all! Love, Laur

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am totally coming over next summer for a spin in the courtesy car. That is one sweet ride. You better have a Blues Brothers soundtrack ready for me...

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home