Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hotel Yorba Guests Last Weekend...

Elise, Miles, and Caroline stayed with us last weekend. It was another blast.


Elise is a foodie too. And we cooked and ate a Giant Mexi-Feast. It's awesome cooking with another foodie. We all did something.


Not everyone loved the spiced sweet potato mash, but I did.

Oh, and I had trouble finding cumin. And Elise said, "Aren't your spices alphabetized?" Which will make Laurie spit out whatever she is drinking if she is drinking something when she reads this. Because one of Laurie's favorite annoying (and endearing) things to do is rearrange my spices. And she was here not too long ago. Also, I found four empty bottles of cumin and one full bottle of cumin seeds.




Thank goodness for the spice grinder Laurie gave me.


I brought out some of the toys from my childhood - Gnip-Gnop (which I only recently realized is sort of Ping-Pong spelled backwards) and Two-Cushion Rebound. And that held their attention for like 3 minutes and then they were on the computer.

And Caroline christened the piano we moved from Laurie's that has sat mostly quiet since it got here.




Anyway - we do hope they made it to Novato safely - Elise give us a call or e-mail and let us know.

And we hope Nick will make one of these trips so we can play golf here.

What really cracks me up is how Elise is one of my favorite women ever and how similar she and another one of my favorite women are. That other would be Rachel. They read the same things, like a lot of the same music, have a very similar world view, and even dress alike.


We wanted to Internet Detective Carolyn Evans, just like the last time they were here, but did not manage to track her down. Maybe next time. And Carolyn if you somehow stumble across this post, get in touch.

Jeff was around too, but somehow managed to stay out of the pictures. Jake was with Pete.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

Oh, we made it here alright....we had such a good time, the kids loved seeing Jupiter, the moons, and meteorites, you forgot that!!!! They were telling my parents about your cool 'scope.

Tell Rachel I almost broke out in hives when I thought that the PRW premiere was tonight, and I had missed it!! I'll be glued to the tv tomorrow, and I do feel her pain, but you just know they will repeat it a million times over the weekend.

Thanks for the fun!!! Hope the universe realigns for you!! :-)

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home