Sunday, July 05, 2009

The last day of my vacation...

Another week would sure be nice, but I have had a blast.

Yesterday we went to Lauren and Paul's for a barbecue. That was fun. Paul made bacon wrapped sausages.
They were delicious, but I could only eat half of one because they were so rich. And as usual, the eating went on all day - chips (proper English chips) and salad and so forth. Oh, and cheesecake to celebrate Lauren's birthday.

Aside from the fun, Rachel and I have got our house pretty well in order. And we can just relax and enjoy our home and the lake and each other's company and all that. We used to always feel like we should be doing something. It's been great.

Most of it we got done a while ago, but I don't think I posted any pictures. Here's the exercise room - formerly the sun room where we crammed stuff that didn't have a place. We hung some drapes and moved all of our exercise equipment in there - got a weight machine, treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical...
and Jake's favorite, the punching bag...
We also got the garage in shape. We filled two whole dumpsters a few weeks ago. It's silly, but it is really nice to pull in to the garage instead of parking outside.
And having room in the garage lets us tackle some projects we've been meaning to get around to. Rachel replaced the sliders in my dresser drawers. And I got our inflatable kayak all patched up. We bought it at a garage sale like 3 years ago.

Today, I loaded up the Hotel Yorba Courtesy Car and drove down to Little Beach for the maiden voyage of the Hotel Yorba Kayak. It was a lot of fun. I paddled over almost to Big Beach. Saw our house from the water. I brought my little mp3 player in a plastic bag. I dropped a line in the water. It was great. Only problem was one of the patches was right where my arm brushed against the side of the boat while paddling. And the slow leak kicked in. So I headed for shore. But it wasn't bad for a first outing. I plan to do more of that.

Oh, and we got some new wheels on the golf cart. They look pretty sweet and the cart rides much better now.
The tires are low profile and DOT rated. So when Jake gets his license, we won't have to worry about him having a blowout.

That's about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Seymour said...

Nice work on the garage (pronounced Gare - edge to Paul). Always great to have space to do projects. Exercise room looks great too. I'm envious of that one for sure.

Love to Rachel and Jake

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home