Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You don't know what you've got...

...until there's no hot water for a week or so. Our less-than a year old water heater crapped out last week. So there was the weekend. And then the guy came out Monday. And needed to come back today with the parts.

The elements went bad from crap in our water. And there was so much crap in the tank it wouldn't even drain. We are getting a home water filter system installed later this week.



Funny to me how we each chose to deal with it. I boiled water on the stove to do dishes and took sponge baths and hot tubs. Rachel went down to Lauren and Paul's to shower. Jeff and Jake took very short very cold showers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted Seymour said...

Dude, thatpicture is gross. Is that accumulated slime from your body? Back in the states Friday. Take care bud.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Joe Madden said...

I probably would have gone the very cold very quick shower route. Either that or the Grizzly Adams/you better give me space route (also known as waiting several days until there was hot water).

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ted Seymour said...

where's my blogger buddy? I niss his writing.....

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home