Saturday, March 21, 2009

I miss my sister...

...and she isn't coming because of the weather.

But I was well on my way to prepping dinner when she called. So we went ahead and had a feast in both her honor and her absence.


I made Herb Roasted Chicken, Savory Root Vegetables, Garlic and Herb Boiled and Bashed Potatoes, and that awful looking black thing in the back is a Yam Casserole. Even that was good. I even opened a 2005 V. Sattui Chardonnay.


And healthy. Man it feels good to eat healthy again. Chicago should put Zocor in the drinking water.

Anyway - I love you sis, sorry you couldn't make it.

We pushed family movie night from Friday to Saturday for the release of...

...Twilight (Twilight twilight twilight!!!!).

And some time after the Laker game is over, we will watch it. It's funny because Jake, Jeff, and I would really rather watch Zack and Miri or a Bond movie or something. But Rachel's excitement is contagious. And I'm looking forward to watching it with her. And I asked Jake to try to feign enthusiasm for his mother's sake. So far he's doing a fine job.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The feast looks pretty tasty & healthy - if you don't count the wine.

My diet slipped this week - St. Patrick's day resulted in lots of corned beef and potatoes & Thursday we went to a non-diet food joint before going to the theatre (a play, not the movies). Gotta get back to healthy.

I am glad I don't have to feign enthusiasm for Twilight. I actually had genuine interest in Harry Potter & mild interest in A Series of Unfortunate Events, but after seeing the previews to Twilight I decided to pull out my Buffy DVDs instead.

Speaking of Joss Whedon - I am still not completely taken in by his latest show Dollhouse, but am still a huge fan of his previous effort - Dr. Horrible's sing along blog. I already bought it from iTunes, so I am not sure if I want to spend the money on the DVD just top hear the musical commentary (yes, that is commentary in song, as well as being commentary on the musical)

Take care - I am looking forward to better weather soon.

-Joe

4:02 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

You guys are so sweet. No one feigns enthusiasm around here for me, but they are letting me keep the GQ with RP on the front of it laying around.....the main problem is that Caroline is too young for it all, despite the fact that "everyone else has read it" according to her, I'm mean, and making her wait.

I have that same tea kettle in white, and did I ever post that I have the same coffee pot as you, too?

Sorry you missed your sis, that food looks awesome.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home