Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thoughts on Food Safety...


I have to admit, when times are tough, I am more inclined to purchase a generic or off brand. I mean, peanut butter has become an important part of my regular diet, and I can easily justify paying a little more for, say, Adam's Natural. But then, the off brand costs almost $2.00 less. And I say, well, we are tightening our belts, so sure, why not buy the off brand. And then you see things like

Dead rodents, excrement in peanut butter plant lead to recall

and

Salmonella leads to 2nd Ohio death; peanut butter sales down nearly 25 percent

and suddenly, that extra two bucks seem well worth it. My Dad used to say, when it came time to buy cleats or tennis shoes, "The most expensive pair of shoes you can buy is cheaper than a visit to the emergency room."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home