Monday, February 09, 2009

16...really? Wow. 16

Jake is 16.

Take a minute, let that sink in. 16.

OK.

I don't think it will be real for me until he gets his driver's license. And he has not been terribly motivated to get one, so I can carry on like he is still 15 for a while yet. And he's got his band and baseball now, so his schedule is pretty full. And while I'm not looking forward to the insurance or buying another car so he can practice, I would very much like for him to be able to take the golf cart to his friends' houses, or to the store or whatever.

Maybe it's just part of the culture where we live, but the kids around here are not as excited about getting their licenses as we were at their age. I mean, we started at 15 and a half with a permit. And we all took the driving test from the same 300 pound guy in Petaluma who almost couldn't buc
kle the seat belt. And we couldn't wait to get behind the wheel and we'd find any excuse to drive ourselves to school.

Anyway, we had a little celebration for him on Saturday here, then went over the hill for dinner and a movie with Auntie Laurie. It was fun. We saw Coreline - In 3-D.

And I am confident that all across this great land of ours, college students on every campus are going to see this movie in some altered state or other.


Jeff and the dogs are BFFs.
And it's been great having him here.

I have a really busy week ahead of me. And I am looking forward to 8:00 Friday night when AT&T flips the switch and Max goes live in Texas. I hope to be celebrating by 8:30. I've been working on this thing for months and am really looking forward to putting it behind me and moving on to some other projects.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home