Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I have eaten at Val's...



...and downed the Papa Burger - that's a one pound burger along with fries and a shake. They make a mint shake there with actual crushed Andie's mints. Awesome. Anyway, I did it on a dare from Andrew back in the day. And I had to nap most of the afternoon.

But there is a place in Arizona called the Heart Attack Grill that makes an 8,000 calorie calorie 4 pound "Quadruple Bypass" burger.

When I have my next good cholesterol checkup, I'm thinking about making a celebratory pilgrimage.

Also, they cook their fries in good old honest lard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You evil evil man. I drove by Val's last week, but didn't stop in.

This year I am commiting to keeping my New Year's resolution of losing weight. Lots of weight. I am currently about 15 pounds down from the end of last year - only about 70 pounds more to go. I have actuaslly been watching a few episodes of the Biggest Loser to remind myself why I don't want to go out and eat an 8,000 calorie Hamburger.

DO you watch Man V Food? He ate a hamburger in that - I think it was 4 pounds of hamburger & a 4 pound bun (along with bacon, cheese and mushrooms). I think it was the bun that did him in.

Well - take care - I enjoyed the picture of the burger & the fond memories of Val's. Trying to plan out my meal at Chevy's tonight (my wife's birthday tonight). I believe I am going to eat very little during the day then have a 1150 calorie dinner & still lose weight. Yeah - I have to go to that obsessive place in order to succeed with a diet.

Take care & hope to see you update again soon.

-Joe

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home