Friday, December 19, 2008

Wrong Joe!!!

I mean, right about Heroes. But wrong about the test. All groovy. A month of eating dirt and berries and the Meds worked. My cholesterol went from a really good bowling score to a good bowling score for me. And I lost 7 pounds. So if I just keep eating like this, I wonder if in 5 years or so I will be a whole new sort of me. Can you imagine me at like 180? That would be so weird.

But this weekend, it's cel-e-bration time - come on! I am grilling red meat!!!

Oh - and tonight, it's Family Movie Night - Pizza and Dark Night. I think that's the only thing that can get the foul taste of Heroes out of my mouth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that just using a nuts and berries diet, I can get my cholesterol just into the healthy range. Too good of a bowling score for me. Unfortunately, my willpower is not strong enough to make that kind of change for an extended period of time - so I stick with the meds and my cholesterol is now within a potential bowling score for me - not a likely bowling score, but potential.

I'm not a very good bowler. I used to be happy when I got over 150. Then I was happy when I got over 130 - now I am happy if I don't hurt myself.

I am currently planning weight loss for the new year & trying to come up with habits that would be helpful. One idea is leaving all my credit cards and cash at home when I go to work - no stops at fast food or the prety nasty cafeteria while I am there. No eating anything in front of the TV. And then the exercise. I have to commit to that as well. My optimistic goal is to get back under the duece by the end of the year. Fingers crossed. Maybe instead of meeting for breakfast next year, we can meet and gnaw on tree bark or something.

Take care & I hope your family enjoys the holiday with a minimal amount of stress.

-Joe

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home