Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

So we got a late start with decorating this year. We've been busy. And Rachel took Jake over the hill for a doctor's appointment and visited dear sister. And they didn't get home until 5:30 or so.

But we did the floating head in the window thing. And set up the fog machine and strobe lights. It looked good - 90th percentile and all that. Had about maybe 50 kids or so. It was a little weird - this is the first year Jake didn't go Trick-or-Treating. A few of his friends came to the door. But he just wasn't in to it this year.

Lauren and Paul came up after work. And we played dress up a little.

And we ate pizza and answered the door and around 9:00 when kids stopped showing up, we played some pool.

Chris once said to me, "Cuz, for someone who owns a pool table, you aren't very good at pool." So I've been practicing. Mostly because Paul is really good, and it's got to get pretty boring for him. And I made some good shots tonight. And I kept leaving him "buggered." Like this...




Here's what happened...



Then we all watched the last 20 or so scariest movies of all time on VH1 or something. And then we all went to bed. But since I worked until 3:00 AM last night, I am not at all tired.

So I'm blogging.

Earlier this week, I did something pretty geeky. I hooked my laptop up to our TV and stereo so we could stream movies from NetFlix. That was pretty cool.



And I also made a grubbin' vegetarian dinner on Wednesday. Cheese ravioli tossed with chard. I stir fried the chard with some fresh rosemary a neighbor, Elva, gave me, some sage and pine nuts and garlic. I added some butter and some of the pasta water to make a sauce and then tossed in the raviolis.


It was really good. the only thing I didn't like was the chard made the sauce sort of greenish brown - not very appealing. Next time, on Tim my co-workers advice I might try blanching the chard instead.

That's it. I'm gonna go surf the internet to reassure myself that Obama is going to win. It occurs to me that this is the first election in my lifetime that either candidate winning could trigger riots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home