Monday, September 08, 2008

A bit of catching up...

So I didn't say anything about Labor Day, really. Lauren and Paul came up with Hector.



He's the cutest puppy I know these days.

I had a barbecue catastrophe. And as much as I hate the big W, I was able to buy replacement burners and MacGyver (MacGruber?) them in to the grill and we were able to cook.



And I also picked up a $5 clearance impulse buy. A slip-n'-slide. And it was so worth it! I wish we'd gotten two and strung them together. It was like 160 degrees out and it was a great way to cool off. And it was a hoot.




I think I was working when they were playing poker.



The ribs were awesome. In fact, all of the food was awesome over the entire weekend. We moved the grill down to the deck from the upstairs patio. This let us all hang out in the same place. And it also let's me cook with gas - this gave us the best vegetables I've made in as long as I can remember. You really need gas for a wok.



Then there was this weekend. Lauren and Paul came up again. And we did pretty much the same things, only we didn't set up the slip-n'-slide. And if all goes well, they will be living nearby before too long. They are pre-approved on a loan and there are a lot of options to chose from up here.

Saturday was a somber anniversary - a year since Rachel's accident. I got her a card and a carrot cake with an upside down toy car on it. I couldn't find and don't know how to make an upside down cake, or I would have.




I had to work most of the weekend. The end is finally in sight on this project. It will be live on 9/23, and we should be done a few days before that.

Here's what it looked like on my whiteboard when we first started...




And here's what the main application looks like now...




And that's just the main application. A lot of those little boxes have a lot more little boxes inside of it. The nice thing for me is that there is enough functionality there now that it actually sounds really cool. And that is giving me some additional motivation.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home