Thursday, August 28, 2008

With a tip of the cap (and a wag of the finger) to Glenn Frey...

The heat is on!

So I'm home alone today working. Rachel took Jake and the boys to San Francisco for a little end of Summer fling. And I'm a miser when it comes to the A/C. So I don't turn it on until my legs start sweating downstairs in the office.



That happened today and I went upstairs and it was 89 degrees in the hallway at the thermostat.



Here's what it's like outside right now...





And here's the spa...





I am considering jumping in the spa to cool off.

At least it's not smoky out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda warm here, too. It was supposed to hit 106 yesterday, but I tried not to check.

I am not as much of a miser with the air conditioning - unfortunately, it really only helps downstairs. For some reason, the cold air just doesn't do too much to the upstairs. Earlier in the year, my office would get into the mid-nineties. Definitely some sweating going on there. I have since moved the thermometer out of my office. I still sweat - I just have stoppped fixating on the number.

We keep our hot tub cooler - it is set to 100. Of course, we also have a pool - which was 76 last night. Definitely effective for a cooldown.

Take care - still wondering when our weekend breakfast will take place.

-Joe

8:43 AM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Me too. Current project has a hard go live date of 9/23. So some time after that?

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home