Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breaking News!!!

This just in...




And they look reliable to me.


Some of you already know this, but I'm sure a lot of you don't. One of the cruelest things I did to my little sister when we were little was to torture her with scary stories and such about Bigfoot. I was a total Bigfoot junkie in third grade. I think that one Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman Bigfoot episode (in two parts, if I remember correctly) started it all. I had a bunch of books and studied whatever I could find from the library. And I would stomp down the hall when we were home alone saying, "Bigfoot! BigFOOT! Coming to get you!!!" And Laurie would scream and hide in her room. I seem to remember cousin Robbie joining in the fun as well.


Sis, if I never apologized for that, I'm sorry. And I'm sure Rob is not.


Anyway - since then, it has become a bit of a running gag. Rachel and I found a video of the episode and an 8x10 glossy of the Bionic Woman and Bigfoot. Which we gave to Laurie for Christmas. Of course, Bigfoot autographed the photo for her. And another year, I got her a poseable Bigfoot action figure which she promptly threw away. And Mom salvaged it from the trash and, I'm told, it still lives under the Christmas tree every year at our parents' house. Oh, and also, Laurie is the one who sent me the link to this story.


As for this news story, well, I remain skeptical. Why now? And why in Georgia? How did the Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) get there from Northern California/Southern Oregon? Big steps? Greyhound? Then again, it's not April 1st either.


I guess we'll know more on Friday. If I wasn't so busy, I would try to find a way to get down there for the press conference.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the tortures of childhood...I spent many hours on my closet floor under a blanket when mom & dad went out!

Don't forget the photo tea tray you gave me LAST christmas with all BIGFOOT photographs!

Those dudes look like they have a cooler full of beer. BIGFOOT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home