Friday, August 08, 2008

To quote Kenny Loggins...

"I'm all right. Don't nobody worry 'bout me."

And to quote John Fogerty (I know, but the Creedence version is my favorite - Cosmos Factory was the only good record my Dad had when I was little)...

"I heard it through the grapevine..."

...that my Aunt and Uncle were worried about me and Cuz because they hadn't seen us around Stormwind for a while. We're fine.

I have had a rough couple of months, a rougher couple of weeks, and a brutal couple of days. I went to bed last night and tossed and turned a lot and took some Advil PM and probably fell asleep around 3:00 AM. Work pressure and home pressure and money pressure and family issues and everything swimming in my head - I think I was as close to a nervous breakdown as I've been since college, and that includes when CommTech went sideways.

But today, well, everything is OK. And I find myself wondering why I let myself get so wound up in the first place. How and why do I let myself forget that everything is going to be fine?

If I could figure that out, I would write a book about it.

Anyway, things are groovy. Jake is visiting a friend of his in Petaluma. Rachel and I are going to see a Drive-In movie tonight.

And hey, at least I'm not John Edwards, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Seymour said...

Hey bud, sorry things have been tough lately. I hate those waking in the middle of your sleep stressing about things kind of nights. Last night was actually one of those for me too - I had this dream that a large elephant was chasing me around indoors and trying to squish me. My mom was there watching me run away and I was trying to convince her that it was serious, that the elephant wasn't just playing. Yuck. Got out of bed at 5:30am, watched a little Olympics, and now to your blog. Hope all is better, or at least that you are dealing better.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home