Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I love Heroes...

But I HATE time travel.

We loved every second of Season 1. And we made excuses for the abbreviated Season 2 because of the writer's strike. Season 3, well, gee, it's time travel. And like a said a minute ago, I hate time travel. And stepping on butterflies and all of that. I hate, hate, hate it.

So my love of Heroes Season 3 is being offset by my hatred of time travel. So I'm just sort of watching ambivalently. But there are WAY too many commercials, too. So I don't know if I am going to make it through the season, even with Tivo and commercial skipping.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time travel is being a little over-used right now. Heroes is one example. I was fine with the travel back to ancient Japan, but the endless travel of this season is getting a little old.

One of the other shows I have been watching is Primeval on BBC. Essentially, these "anomalies" randomly open up doorways to other times leading to dinosaurs roaming aruond London. I was ok with it until they started doing the butterfly effect. Kind of a cop out to do anything they want.

Supernatural - Dean recently went back in time to see his parents before Dean was born.

Eureka - Traveled back to the past & changed the future. I think this one pretty much worked within the confines of that reality. I won't hold it against that show since I still enjoy it so much.

And then.... I recently watched a movie with Vincent D'nofrio and Marissa Tomei about... yup time travel. These writers are getting waaay to lazy.

-Joe

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you would like the new show with Christian Slater - My Own Worst Enemy. No time travel, but split personalities and interesting communication methods.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

the prior message was left by Christian Slater...

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home