Monday, March 16, 2009

I think I deserve a break today...

...and I'm lovin' it!

OK, here's another V-Blog...




I love that my new laptop has a built-in webcam. And I hate that it is a bit flaky - it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, like maybe there's a loose wire somewhere in the display housing.

Anyway - among the many stark contrasts I have experienced in my life I need to add one more. And that is dinner last night (www.sola-restaurant.com) and lunch today (www.mcdonalds.com). I don't even need to say anything more, just follow the links.

Here's a picture of me with the newlyweds, Brian and Amy.

The meal was like an episode of Top Chef only without all of the drama and judging.

What am I doing with my hands? Playing "got yer nose" with a child out of frame?

I've got a whole bunch of ideas and possibilities swimming in my head right now. I really wish I had a white board in my room. I'm hoping if I lay down and shut my eyes for a while some picture will emerge about how to best create a system to recognize McDonald's menu items, sizes, and options and read back nutritional information about the item recognized. I am finding that in some ways, it is simpler than I had thought, but in others, it is more challenging.

Anyway, I am glad I am here and getting to spend some time in the same room with the customer. It will make the rest of the project much easier.

Also, I have to confess, I didn't get myself out and about like I wanted to on Sunday. I wanted to see a museum and maybe a parade. I just couldn't be buggered to get out the door until it was time to go to dinner. On the positive side of that, I was up at 6:00 a.m. Central Time and felt wide awake and fresh. so maybe it was for the best.

Oh, Cuz - I'm staying at a Marriott. The wake up call here now comes with coffee outside your door. Remember how we used to take turns going up to the executive lounge to get each other coffee when we were in Dallas for so long? It looks like they stole our idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

Miles thinks that you ARE wearing pants, and that you are just being silly......he may be onto something.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Video blogging - can be cool - if there was more of a video component. Maybe speak your blog while playing Guitar Hero or DDR.

I clicked on the link to Sola's & the first thing I saw was Burgers, Bacon and Beer. Probably not the item that best describes the difference between the restaurant and a burger joint.

Will most likely be eating out at a pretty nice place tomorrow night. We are going to see Avenue Q & are going to go out to dinner beforehand. If you are not familiar with Avenue Q, it is kind of Sesame Street goes college dorm - it is a musical with puppets, but still not for kids.

Take care & I look forward to your next vblog.

-Joe

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a reflection from the glass on the night stand...PUT SOME PANTS ON BRO!!!!!!! GEEZ.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home