Sunday, January 01, 2006

Rum is the new tequila...

You heard it here first. Rum will come on strong in '06.

Spent the better part of the day water proofing our home. We'll see how well I did when we get some more rain later today. Took a shower and agonized over my outfit for the evening. Settled on flannel jammies and a grey Henley, and chose glasses over contacts.

We had a nice, mellow evening at home. Made a cocktail for my wife - rum and cherry Coke. Did a few shots of 10 Cane rum - YUMMY! Goes down like Patron.




And made myself a Rum and Coke with Sailor Jerry's 92 proof spiced rum. Cheaper (and in my opinion tastier) than the Captain. And the bottle looks so pretty in the Tiki Lounge.

As I understand it, Bacardi has a strangle hold on the U.S. rum market - expect some premium rums from them that will be better marketed than a lot of really fine rums. Oh, and if Castro happens to die this year, watch what happens. Yo ho, yo ho, the pirate's life for me.

And since Jake was with us, we gave him his first drink from the Tiki Lounge - a Shirley Temple.

Jake and I played some pool - I squeaked out a 2-1 victory in the New Year's Eve eight ball challenge.

We watched New Year's Rockin' Eve - it was great to have Dick back. Missed him last year. And we didn't stick around to hear the #1 song, but Rachel assures me it was Gold Digger.

Jake went to bed at 1:00. Rachel at 1:18. And I am off to bed at the time stamp attached to this post.

If you are reading this, then you are undoubtedly a dear friend of mine. I wish you a prosperous New Year and ask you to wish our family the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home