Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tony Soprano...Gutshot!!!

Apologies to anyone who Tivoed The Sopranos and saw it here first.

I remember when Chris and Ajit and I were sharing a hotel suite outside of Dallas on a long project for Verizon and we were complete Sopranos junkies. Well, Sopranos and Heroes III. We even watched old Sopranos episodes on Pay Per View.

A month or so ago I got this idea for an Onion type article. The headline would be something like "Sixth Season of Sopranos Starts and Ends - Nobody Notices."

I had almost forgotten that it was supposed to be back in March. And then March came roaring in so fast. But we saw some ad for a cell phone that mentioned links to Sopranos previews and that the show started on the 12th.

And today is the 12th.

And we sat and watched it. We were shooting to catch it at 6:00 on HBO East, but couldn't swing it.

Well, like an old friend, we picked up right where we left off. We were sucked right in. And just when we got to thinking it was a little boring, that guy hung himself. OK, so yeah, that was pretty graphic. I've never seen someone hang him or herself, but from what I've read, that was pretty accurate.

And then Tony got gut shot. Did anyone else have a little premonition about Uncle June doing something like that? Like I wasn't shocked when it happened, you know?

I'm realizing that for people that don't really like TV, we have a whole bunch of shows we watch regularly now. My Name Is Earl, CSI (only Vegas will do), Law and Order: Criminal Intent, 24, Scrubs, and now The Sopranos.

No wonder I'm not getting any better at guitar.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

killin' me smalls!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

television...the drug of the nation sang the
"disposable heroes of hiphoprosy" but you
should really add deadwood on that list mate...
it's like a shakespearian western- if Will used thee
word "cocksucker" a lot....

8:07 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I forgot - we like Monk, too. But we don't watch it that often.

I watched Deadwood a little bit a couple of years ago but it just didn't grab me. Sorry Reverend.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home