Tuesday, August 15, 2006

They're back...

They were gone for a while. And we were worried about them. There used to be five or six, but this year, we had only seen two. They used to hang out at our house, I think because it was vacant for so long and nobody bothered them.

Anyway, I saw a grey cat at the top of my driveway, and then a peacock poked his head around the bushes - it spread it's tail feathers and charged the cat. The cat wanted no part of that nasty business. I walked up the driveway - the male disappeared, but I did see Momma Pea Hen and four little babies. Daddy was protecting the babies, it seems.

Of course, the picture came out blurry. It's just something I can't seem to get - a good picture of the peacocks. I've probably taken 40 pictures and not a single good one in the bunch. I think it's because I really need a Cannon Digital Rebel so I can use my SLR zoom lens. But alas, they are still really expensive.

Anyway - the peacocks are back. That's my point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home