Friday, September 29, 2006

It's like every time he opens his mouth...


...another faslehood spews forth. Notice I didn't say "lie," I said falsehood. He lies often enough, too - and in the weirdest ways - like (available from a variety of sources, but this from The Guardian UK):

Mr Bush got the news outside a school classroom before going in to talk to the kids about a reading programme. He went in as planned but then Andrew Card, his chief of staff, came in and whispered the news of the second plane hitting the twin towers. He said yesterday: "I saw an airplane hit the tower - the TV was obviously on - and I used to fly myself, and I said, 'There's one terrible pilot.'

Takes one to know one, I guess.

Anyway, today he said...

Some have selectively quoted from this document to make the case that by fighting the terrorists, by fighting them in Iraq we are making our people less secure here at home. This argument buys into the enemy's propaganda that the terrorists attack us because we're provoking them. I want to remind the American citizens that we were not in Iraq on September the 11th, 2001. (Applause.)

...a falsehood, clearly. The document in question is not enemy propaganda. It's the best information available from our own intelligence sources. Furthermore, the statement, "we were not in Iraq on September the 11th, 2001," while not quite a lie, is far from the truth. And applause from an audience full of pre screened Bush lovers does not make a falsehood true. At the time in question, we were enforcing the "no-fly" zones over Iraq. And while we were not technically "in" Iraq, our pressence was felt. We were responsible for the U.N. embargo that resulted in the deaths of, perhaps, 500,000 Iraqi children.

Finally, through word play, he is trying to say that we were attacked on 9/11 without provocation. I am willing to agree that this is a matter of opinion. But that still does not have anything to do with the fact that our military occupation of Iraq has made the terrorism problem worse for the U.S. today.

The other day I wrote about how he declassified and released selective portions of the entire report. Even that selection was pretty bleak - and that was the best they could come up with?

I also found this interesting:
I wonder what happened between 12:30 when we were making progress and 4:15 when he admitted to setbacks.

That's it - I'm going to have a fun weekend, and unless something major happens, I will return to recipes, pictures and non-poplitical ramblings for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home