Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mixed Message...

I took a little cruise up to the mailbox in the Hotel Yorba Courtesy car the other day and something caught my eye on a neighbor's lawn.

I kept driving while trying to process what I saw, a little unsure that I actually saw it. Was it really a hand made hand painted...plywood?...picture of...no way!

So I flipped a U-turn and went back, and sure enough, I did, in fact, see what I thought I saw.


So I went home to get the camera.


Please comment. I don't care if it's anonymous, I want to know what you make of this. And what would Bill O'Reilly say? For once, I want to know what that man thinks.

(Note to Ted - this is NOT comment begging!)

And while we're at it, let's make this the very first Mind Blogging Typos Photo Caption Contest.

Winner gets a batch of Triple Chocolate Disaster cookies.

Incidentally, I really like that there appears to be sun rays in the picture, like a faith based Hallmark card. Nice accidental touch, that.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We call ourselves The Aristocrats!"

6:14 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Wow! A VERY strong first entry.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

"Jesus with your halo so bright-
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

excellent shot man, well worth the trip home.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is an excellent attempt at trying to reconcile the overpowering marketing of the holiday as it relates to Santa Claus and the religious origins of the holiday. Oh wait - if it were the religious origins of the holiday, then they should have some trees and druids standing around it. Ok - reconciling the marketing and the current religious association of the holiday.

Either that or they are saying Santa is a really sick pedophile and we don't want to see what is going to happen next.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

"Krist Kringle"

6:50 PM  
Blogger Ted Seymour said...

I'm actually touched by the scene. Santa has a very dear quality about him. We're assuming it't the baby Jesus, but perhaps he is finding an unwanted baby and will take it and give it to another desiring family as a Christmas present.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Please restoreth my hair."

I like it because it lends itself to both very naive and cynical interpretations, and provokes discussion. It ought to be campy, but I don't think it is. (looks up camp...) Never mind, definately campy.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad Santa copping a feel on baby jesus is no way to demonstrate holiday cheer... but if I were to make a caption, "Hey kid, you turn this water into wine and I'll bring you an XBox."

9:49 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

"It must suck having your birthday on Christmas..."

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I've waited long enough. Who wins the "the very first Mind Blogging Typos Photo Caption Contest"?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Shouldn't I announce the winner on Christmas morning? And give more people a chance to enter?

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home