Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quick One...

OK, first, I am really bummed out. That ClusterMap on the right is all messed up. It started over from scratch on my anniversary date. So the blips from Virginia, Chicago, Hawaii, and more important to me, Trinidad and Tobago, are all gone. Hawaii will come back as soon as Ron checks in. But the rest, I fear, are lost forever. I used to really enjoy looking at that map and looking at the coast of Venezuela and going, "Oh yeah, I was there."

Also, I added a new link to Elise's Blog. If you dig Paris, check out the month of August.

Rachel's doing OK today. She had Physical Therapy yesterday, so I imagine she's going to be feeling that once her meds wear off. We are trying to get her doctor to agree to letting her start exercising. And we are also hoping to get a home interferential stimulator. It's the thing that brings her the most relief without meds. And she hates the meds. Although they do make funny movies, and even bad SNL sketches funnier.

Anyway, the thing has these patches with electric leads that stimulate your muscles.

And it looks like something one might plug one's guitar in to - right down to the 9V square battery. But it packs a punch and you can plug it in. Makes me a little nervous, but Eddy promised to show us how to use it. And it seems to help. We tried it out on one of our recent visits.

The Red Sox are prolonging my agony or my ecstasy depending on how it all shakes out. I do hope they make it back to Fenway at least.

Work is crazy busy - and I have a Conference next week. I've got family and neighbors lined up to stay with Rachel and get her to physical therapy while I'm gone. So between busy work, Rachel, and my mild agoraphobia aggravated by a pending trip to Boca Raton, I am pretty stressed out.

But I am getting a massage today at 3:30, and I am trying to work through the agoraphobia by allowing myself to experience it fully.

I know, sounds like a bunch of hippie crap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro...Don't worry about the TENS unit. I've had one for years now and they really help. I used to wear it all day when I worked at the Fund and had it set for periodic timed intervals. They are actually very helpful if used correctly. Ya know...Don't be a guy & put em on yer nads like Jackass when Rach isn't looking!!!!!!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home