Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Recent Events...

Family related. Sorry for the string of "BUMMER" posts.

Paul and Lauren came up last weekend. We had simple sandwiches Friday night. And I made an Indian Feast on Saturday. Didn't take any pictures of the food, but it was yummy and enjoyed by all. Made something of an allou mutter (peas and potatoes) with curry, Curried Chicken, Vegetables in an Indian tomato based sauce (from Trader Joe's), Saffron Basmatti rice, all served on Trader Joe's Naan.

Friday night we took it easy.

Saturday, we started the day with hot tubs - it's hard to tell whose back is worse off, Rachel's or Paul's. I think Paul wins the pain competition because he is off pain meds for an upcoming epidural.

We then watched England vs. France in a Rugby World Cup semi-final match. The announcers were Irish and kept knocking England saying they didn't deserve to be there. That would be like Glenn knocking Cleveland or Boston saying the same thing. Nobody beat them, and they made it to the semi-final, so how exactly can you support the statement that they don't deserve it?

The match was riveting. Much more fun to watch than Cricket. We picked the rules up quick and really got in to it.

Here's Paul saying, "Come on Johnny! Come ON JOHNNY!!!"
It got tense late in the match with France up 9-8.
But in the end, England prevailed on a penalty and a beautiful drop kick.

And the residents and guests at The Hotel Yorba rejoiced.

The ladies crafted...


And I watched Cal and then The Red Sox...

You might have noticed that we have done a little redecorating downstairs. That 40 year old couch we got from Nana just doesn't cut it for comfort, as cool as it looks. With the bad backs and such, we have found that the most comfortable furniture for Rachel (and Paul) is either our patio furniture that reclines, or the Aeron chair we got from Laurie. It is function over form, at least until Rachel recovers.

Anyway, the Cal loss was a gut shot, and the Red Sox loss was a boot to the head. I fell asleep on the couch.
And then my wife and sister-in-law took great pleasure in tormenting me while I slept and snored.

I guess I am a fan without a ghost of a chance or something. I don't know what they were thinking. But I do know how loud they were giggling.

And despite two sofa beds and multiple air mattresses, our guests preferred this for sleeping arrangements...


The couch that is uncomfortable to sit on is actually quite nice to sleep on. And Lauren wanted to sleep next to Paul. So she took the cot. Probably for the best considering her "jimmy legs." But whatever, at The Hotel Yorba, our guests come first.

I know I was really down about the sports and such. But it was a very fun and relaxing weekend.

I want to wrap up with a shout out to my new English MySpace Friend...


http://www.myspace.com/temporarily_unconscious

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! i'm famous!!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home