Friday, September 28, 2007

And better...

They usually make us all sweat it out a little more.

Boston Red Sox baseball players spray champagne in a group on the field at Fenway Park in Boston Friday, Sept. 28, 2007, as they celebrate clinching the AL East.

But it's over. The Red Sox have won the A.L. East. I'm guessing we face the Angels with home field advantage. So now my father-in-law and I have to put on our game faces and enjoy the competition.

And I am really hoping for a Red Sox -Cubs Workd Series.

Rachel had her second Physical Therapy appointment today. They did some heat therapy, some ultrasound therapy, a little treadmill walking and some stretches. And they sent us home with instructions on how to do the stretches.

What kills me is they look so easy. Like I'm pretty tubby and out of shape these days and I could probably do 30 reps of each without working up a sweat. But to watch Rachel agonize to do 3, and for the doctor to make her goal to work up to 10 reps over the next couple of weeks...well, it gives me a better understanding of how much she hurts and how long a road we have ahead of us to get her well again.

But you know what, we've started walking down that road, and we are walking it together. Not just she and I, but all of us. Thank you again for your continued love and support. The first step is always the hardest, and we've taken it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May there be many more steps together following the latest one.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

new bet? you betcha!
If our teams meet in the ALCS, (big "if"- I'd be sweatin MIke Scioscia in the playoffs, dude..he's carbon monoxide...the silent killer...)
so if we meet there, i will gladly sketch your Red Suck Player of choice and post it on me blog if my Yankees lose. But you're gonna actually have to wear that Yankee hat in a public place with a shit eating grin!
I letcha off easy on that last bet you lost...
Oh yeah! And you'll have to purchase "Driven"- Derek Jeters' cologne!
It's quite pungent! Good Luck Chuck!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home