Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wow!

OK - so yeah, the Red Sox are in the World Series. I'm a little hoarse. And a little snockered. But safe in my room with the door locked.

And that's great. And I probably don't have any reason to complain. But Cal lost yesterday, and the Raiders today. And England lost yesterday.

Nevermind. I should just embrace this and be thankful the AL won the All Star game.

So I saw and did some amazing things tonight. What I did and what I saw are sort of related.

What I saw was two incredibly young (remember I'm feeling old) and flexible women "dancing" inside of a large plastic ball while the ball floated in the pool. What I did was drive some radio controlled boats (which, honestly, Rachel, we will soon own - way cooler than the stupid helicopters). And I sort of "accidentally" hopped over the pool noodles and in to the plastic ball.

Oh, and I got a bucnh of light up ice cubes for the Tiki Bar. You'll have to see them to believe them.

Same with the whole girls in the plastic balls thing. I will post video when I get home. But basically, these girls allowed themselves to be enclosed in these giant platic balls with 25 minutes of oxygen and performed while floating in the pool. I shot video, but I didn't find a Target today, so I will have to post the videos once I get home to my various and sundry cables.

Unless...

Also, I finally found a couple of familiar faces. Mark Bush is here. So is Felix Gofman. Oh, and Doug Sharp. Still, the ratio of people I know to people I don't is, um, not so great.

Anyway, dinner was amazing. Quite a buffet. Thewy had a carving station with Prime Rib and also Turkey. And potatoes similar to the ones I made a while back, but with garlic and goat cheese.

And they had one of the coolest activities I've ver seen - second only to the whole driving a real NASCAR thing a few years ago. I wish Rachel was here. It was crafting nirvana. It was this whole "design and build your own thongs.

Don't get too excited -I'm talking footwear, and not what the girls in the plastic bubble were wearing.

They didn't have any big enough for Jake, but I made a pair for me, and for dear Rachel to wear to Physical Therapy...

I am not sure where it happened, but the 'L' in "Rachel" fell off somewhere between dinner and the Red Sox winning. I still get Great Hubby points, right? OK, what if I throw in the stuffed Kangaroo?

Got to go iron a shirt for tomorrow and get some sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a tease... telling us about the RC boat & not posting any video of it.

I hope "Rache" gives you some bonuis points even though you were so careless as not to lose part of her gift.

-Joe

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home