Monday, February 25, 2008

Shephard's Pie, Self Injectors, Peacocks...

First, Shephard's pie...




Yummy, bubbly, cheesy, stick to the ribs, perfect on a cold rainy Sunday Shephard's Pie. And I cheated a bit. I used Potato Buds. And I used ground turkey instead of ground beef.


Travis was over playing guitar with Jake. Rachel was off watching the Oscars with Lauren. The boys loved it.


I dished us each up a bowl - about a third of it. When I came upstairs later, another third was gone. And then later only 2/3 of the remaining third remained. Which will be my leftovers for dinner. Provided Jake hasn't gotten to it yet.


After Travis left, Jake and I hung out watching a little TV and working on his Spanish homework. Then it was time for his first home Humira injection.


I shot a video just in case something went wrong. And Jake would prefer it if I don't publish it, so I won't. But it was weird and creepy watching him. He did great.

This afternoon, we worked on the golf cart a bit. It seems a wire between the charger receptacle and one of the batteries came loose, overheated, melted the wire, and the battery terminal. I'm trying to McGyver a fix without having to buy new batteries. New batteries are expensive. And as much as I'd like to upgrade from 36 volts to 48 volts, it would run around $800. You can't just replace one battery because it will quickly degrade the newest in the set. So hopefully we can get this to work. But I need a bigger wire nut or a smaller socket wrench.

While we were working, the peacocks came back for another visit. There were seven today - the pimp and his 6 hens. Some of those hens are his daughters. We are not optimistic about the next generation with this limited gene pool. Strangely, there don't seem to be any new males and we are wondering if perhaps Papa peacocks are homicidal towards other males, even their own offspring. Anyone know the answer to this one?

Here's a little video.


They walk around us and don't pay much attention to us anymore, unless we make a loud noise or move suddenly. But we can get within a couple of feet. I had my back turned on them when he honked the first time and I about jumped out of my skin - which cracked Jake up.

Work wasn't much fun today. I'm going over requirements from an existing system and trying to determine whether to replicate the existing system or do it over using what I like to call, "The right way." Boring and a little frustrating. But it will get fun once the details are ironed out and I can start building.

Now it's Rachel time. I assure you, despite the lack of pictures lately, she is alive and well and watching Scrubs in the next room.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog for video of food cooking....

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home