Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mmmm...Curry, And a little wet work.

I think Lauren and Paul were trying to curry favor with me at Christmas.


That joke was for Paul, and Paul alone. Nobody else gets to laugh at it. And probably nobody else would, anyway.

Anyway, I didn't use any specific recipe, I just read around a bunch of different chapters and pulled the dish above together. The food part of it is a bunch of Costco chicken breasts and a bag of veggies from Trader Joe's. The sauce is Green Curry Paste with onions, garlic, cardamon, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, soy sauce, chicken stock, coconut milk and...drum roll please...creamy peanut butter. Yes peanut butter. It's the first time I've used it for anything other than a PBJ or cookies. And it was grubbin'. Maybe I'll make that my catch phrase like Alton's "Good Eats."

"Grubbin!"

Totally stole it from Lauren.


Anyway, 2/3 of our family is feeling much better. Rachel is still coughing a lot. I even did some outside chores yesterday and today. Yesterday I mowed the lawn out back. Today Jake and I hauled the rest of the firewood, got a rubbish pile started (rubbish - totally stole that from Paul), and dismantled the rickety old shade/gazebo thing. We've still got lots to do - like figuring out what we're going to do with the flat 18 foot circle where the pool was and getting some mulch and such. And hauling the rubbish pile to the front to get JR Dump Run to come take it all away. But we took advantage of the nice weather got off to a good start.

Oh, and there was that body we've been meaning to dump as well. We finally got around to that.

We don't really like doing the "wet work," but with Rachel out of a job, we needed the extra money.

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home