Friday, February 01, 2008

Home at last...

Well the danger on the rocks has surely passed
Still I remain tied to the mast
Could it be that I have found a home at last?
Home at last! --Steely Dan

Nod to Glenn there starting a post with a lyric that feels appropriate.

I am beat, wrecked, and worn out. Somewhere over Nebraska yesterday, I realized that I actually spent more time traveling to and from customer site than I spent actually working on site. That wasn't necessarily the way it had to go down - I mean, I could have run in to more problems than I did and been there longer and all. But I got a lot done quickly, got sign off, and got out of Dodge.

The weirdest thing - and I can't remember experiencing anything like this before - is that I didn't go all the way home yesterday. We stayed over at Laurie's in Santa Rosa last night because we had to be at Kaiser in San Francisco for Jake's colonoscopy at 8:00 AM. It was weird to take my suitcase out of the car at her place and sleep there. But I'm glad we did - it made today a lot easier. Thanks, Sis.

I'll post some pictures and talk more about my trip in the next day or two. But for now, I want to focus on Jake. He had a flare up last Sunday/Monday.

Jake's doing great for what he's been through. He does have a lot of inflammation, and he hasn't eaten since Wednesday. But he hasn't cried once, and he is only a little grumpy. The doctor wants him to do a course of steroids and then start a new treatment called, I think, Humera. It's a bi-weekly self injector type thing that we have to go back to San Francisco on the 11th to learn how to administer. Dr. Rich has had some good success with the treatment with other patients around Jake's age. So hopefully it will work well for him, too.

Ron, if you happen by, I'm curious if you've heard of this treatment or tried it.

Other than that, I think wrestling is over for him this year - there's only a couple of weeks left. And he's got a lot of homework to catch up on - a whole week's worth. And we're not sure when he'll feel up to returning to school. Hopefully some time next week. But it all depends on how quickly he responds to the Pregnizone.

That's it for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bet. It was nice having you guys here for a change! Sorry I couldn't feed you thou! You left your shampoo & conditioner in the shower...Oh wait, maybe that's not yours! hehehe. Hope you slept okay. Glad to hear Jakers is doing okay. Brie seems a little lonely!
Love you- Laur

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish him the continued strength to continue his battle against his own biology and the continued courage to life a good life despite it.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home