Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 1 (of 2?)

So I'm working in this big building...

Here's me working...


I rocked pretty hard today - I got everything all installed and built the application and started testing and found that the customer did not install the Japanese language option when they built the Windows server. This is irksome. Very irksome. I am pretty sure my code will work, but if there are no Japanese characters, I have no way of testing. So I am hung up here at least until tomorrow. Sorry, honey and Jake.

Here's some bad hotel art...


...but it's sort of fitting for me - I like to write, and I work on phone systems and all. There's worse - they hung two of the exact same prints right next to each other on another wall. Also, I have a handicapped room. It's nice to sit in the shower, but pretty much everything else about it sucks. The toilet's too high, and the closet's too low.

Here are some flippin' sweet potato chips called Utz's. Never had 'em before. I'm told that they are hand made, no preservatives, and this particular flavor is fried in lard. That's right, lard. The locals call this one "Heart attack in a sack."


And here is a Touareg I saw in the parking lot.


I can't tell if I'm really tired or very tired. I'm going to go to bed and sleep on it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vigilante said...

If you ask me, you're working to hard.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to avoid something called "heart atack in a sack" - might extend your stay if you wind up in the hospital. On the bright side, at least they would have different art there.

Take care & apparently the technology gods had a little extra time to mess with you as well. Too bad.

-Joe

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that "Heart Attack in a Potato Sack?!?" Hope you got some sleep Bro. Hopefully I'll see you tonight.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that "Heart Attack in a Potato Sack?!?" Hope you got some sleep Bro. Hopefully I'll see you tonight.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home