Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sorry, we're all out of strawberry...

After my strawberry ice cream post, I realized that maybe sometimes people who say things that sound racist did make an honest mistake. Like that whole chocolate and vanilla thing for Hillary and Barak. It didn't even occur to me at the time.

Anyway - it doesn't matter now.

Democrat John Edwards gestures during a speech announcing he would withdraw his candidacy for US president in New Orleans, Louisiana January 30, 2008.

Maybe I'll go for frozen yogurt instead...with some granola on top.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you had the chocolate and vanilla discussion, I immediately thought of "Thank You for Smoking". I am assuming you have seen the movie & that is why you chose that particular comparison.

Otherwise, there is an interesting quiz you should take regarding race - http://implicit.harvard.edu

They flash picture and word associations & base on your response time, they can guess if you have prejudices for or against a few different groups of people. I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it definitely can make for an interesting jumping off point for conversations or self-inspection.

-Joe

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home