Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Bowl, Super Tuesday, but we ain't feeling so Super...

The Hotel Yorba is under quarantine. We are all sick. I had a 101 fever on Sunday. It's hitting Rachel today. And, of course, Jake is dealing with a colitis flareup and a cough on top of it. So a quick post before I go take some Nyquil and sleep until the polls close in California.

Despite being sick, Rachel and I did our civic duty, and I am still a political junkie.


Sadly, we are still registered Green. So we couldn't vote for Obama. So if he loses, and it's close, blame Rachel and I and the rest of the Greens in CA who would have voted for him had we been able to. I know a lot of people stay registered Green because it's the party that best represents their values. And that's true for us as well. But we feel like we should have switched to vote in the primary and just didn't get around to it. I did see he has a 13 point lead in the polls in CA as of this morning, so we'll see.

I'm curious - what happens to all of the votes for Edwards that were mailed absentee before he dropped out?

Here's an interesting picture, to me anyway. NeverLost did me wrong at a weird freeway merge and I ended up taking a wrong turn. And I ended up here. This is me in Maryland last week taking a left from Democracy Blvd. on to Swansong Way.


And here's Rachel watching Jake come awake from the anesthesia last Friday.


And here's tonight's sunset.

I said this to Paul, and I'll say it to you all - I promise to get back to being positive soon. I feel like a whiny little bitch lately, and I don't like it.

Oh, here's one cool thing. I finally got my cell phone working as a tethered modem connected to my laptop. So now I can work (or blog) anywhere I can get cell service - and I can talk on the phone while connected. Now if we can just find that used Airstream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Seymour said...

Bummer you guys are sick. Not as sick as I'd be if Romney were my president, though. Actually maybe that explains why you are sick, because Bush is your president.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home