Sunday, April 27, 2008

Texas again...

A second ago I was doing something else. And now I'm doing this.



I started this post last weekend. And now it's Thursday.



I set a bunch of goals for myself, back in February - some of them tied to a date in May. And now it's May 1st.



I was born in 1968, and in less than two weeks, I will be 40.



Whoa-ho what I want to know-ho is, where does the time go?



I remember in college having discussions about time in the abstract and the concept of "the acceleration of time." As the flow of information and speed of travel increases, the theory goes that time speeds up. All I know is that it seems to be flying lately. Jake is now taller than me if he's wearing cleats and I am barefoot. That means it won't be long until he is just taller than me.



I've been working at Adapt for over two years now.



We've been living here in Hidden Valley Lake for a few weeks shy of 4 years.



And those few weeks are going to fly.......................................................................by.



Is it just me, or are things moving faster and faster? Like the acceleration itself is accelerating.


Anyway, went to Texas again. Requirments gathering and design meetings. Great folks to work with. And people in Texas seem a little friendlier than people here. A lady in a massive truck stopped while I was taking this picture. Nobody would do that in California.



Here's what I look like at work...

And here's what work looks like...




This week I've been documenting everything we discussed last week. Also listening in to dozens of recorded calls.

I ate really badly on this trip. When you land at 11:30, your food options are pretty limited. Jack in the Box was a midnight gut bomb. Then the next day, no time for breakfast.

And I'm gonna do a whole post on food soon, so I'll stop there. But here's some pictures. There's a picture of a jalapen(y)o popper and my face after eating it. I was told it was the specialty and I had to try it. So I took my "no thank you bite," on Wendesday and I was still tasting it Thursday.











Took this one for Sis. A little slice of home/heaven at Houston Hobby. And sis was visiting and hanging with Jake while Rachel went to pick me up.

That's it for this one. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home