Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hands-Free Blogging and Inappropriate Commercial Music

UPS delivered an Amazon order today. I ordered Dragon's NaturallySpeaking for two reasons. 1.) I'm hoping it will help my bursitis, if I can dictate instead of typing. And 2.) I'm a speech rec geek and I think it will be fun.

I am standing up and dictating this blog entry without using the keyboard. I'm still training the software, but so far. It makes less typos than I do.

Rachel just came in and said, "Honey, what the hell are you doing?" I told her that I am dictating a blog entry. She says, all I need now is to set up the elliptical machine in the office and then I can exercise while I work. She then added that I could pick my nose at the same time.

I promise not to pick my nose while blogging.

Anyway, we just finished watching My Name Is Earl. A commercial came on for Royal Caribbean Cruises. It was a very family oriented commercial with a husband and wife and kids doing all kinds of adventurous things on a cruise ship. The music in the background was Iggy Pop's Lust for Life. They were very selective about the lyrics they included. While they repeated the included the phrase, "lust for life," they conveniently omitted some of my favorite lines from the song like, "with the liquor and drugs," and, "I'm gonna get another striptease."

Things like this bug me. Like Nike using Revolution to sell shoes. Or The Who's Happy Jack selling Hummers. I don't mind, EMF's Unbelievable in a Kraft's Crumbles commercial ("You're Cumb-believable) because it is a crap song selling Kraft crap. I'm just glad we'll never hear Neil Young singing, "Keep on rocking at Marine World."

That's it for my first hands-free post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home