Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Quick Update...

OK, so it's Monday night. Rachel was a Trooper and got through the weekend pain and actually worked all day today. And tomorrow she heads for Sacramento for a class and certification to become a notary public.

Jake is good, and he helped a ton with yard work over the weekend. He's gotten in to Mad magazine in a big way lately. And he picked Fun With Dick and Jane for family movie night last Friday. The kid loves Jim Carrey.

Moe (the girl dog) got sick but seems better after a $200 trip to the vet (Thank you Dr. Smith) an injection of lots of fluids, some meds, some bland food, throwing up a lot, and being fed this weird paste out of a giant syringe. The dog drives us nuts a lot, but we let her sleep with us (on her bed on the floor) while she was sick. She threw up in the middle of the night, but get this - She went in to the bathroom and threw up in the shower. Many yum yums for that when she's all better.

I got the pond back in working order last weekend and discovered, to my amazement, that two of my Koi are still alive. I hadn't seen them for so long, I figured the neighborhood cats or a racoon got them. But they were there and they are huge now. It scared me a bit when they popped up while I was cleaning the filter. They must be 8 or 9 inches. And there are still lots of goldfish.

Working for someone else is weird. It's going to take some getting used to. I'm still processing it, so I won't say anything more about it now. But expect a post on that topic when I get it all sorted out in my head.

Let's see, what else? Oh, we got our new cell phones today. We are now IN with Virizon Wireless. And we kept our same numbers. The neat thing is that now the phones actually ring because Verizon's coverage is WAY better up here than Nextel/Sprint. So I feel better about Rachel driving to work or down to the Bay Area. Oh, and Sacramento tomorrow. I wonder if she'll get service on 20.

Sopranos left us feeling a little depressed this week. I can't decide what I want more, for Chris to die a horrible death or for him to finally get his sh*t together. I think the best guy Tony ever had on his crew was that guy who went back to Italy because he fell in love with Carmella.

Oh, and I came across this great article about America's Eating Disorder (click here)
on Alternet. It seems free range chickens aren't quite as free as the nice folks at Whole Foods would have you believe. And we consume way more corn and soy than we realize. It's a good read. And it, combined with Ted's admonishment to think about cooking healthier has got me thinking. POst on my thoughts to come, again, when get them sorted out.

Oh, and finally, Travis told me about Neil Young's new album. I encourage you to check it out. He was waiting for someone from our generation, or maybe someone between mine and Jake's, to come out with a protest album. So he did. The big question is will Fox News/O'Reilly attack or ignore?

That's it for now.

Oh, except for this from Drumheller on 60 minutes. We need to tell all of the Democrats that we put in office this year that we expect them to investigate the Bush regime, the run up to war, the lies, the Downing Street memo, Gas Prices, etc., for real. If they cave like they did with Iran Contra, I give up, no matter what Howard Dean says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home