Thursday, July 06, 2006

Incoherent Ditties...

My wife must be ovulating because the coffee tastes like sex this morning.
I arose aroused and drank two cups in the kitchen.

The woman on the Milk Bone box
looks a little like what I imagine
an old ex of mine might look like today.
She broke my heart three or four times in six or eight places.
She can’t hurt me now, but there was a time when I was her dog.

The phone rang this afternoon and it was Jelly Donut Wholesale.
Despite my appearance these days, she had dialed the wrong number.
She said she had a sore ‘E’ and hung up.

Don’t look now, before it’s too late -
They’ve got you comin’ and goin’.
It won’t be long till they get you
Just sitting there and standing still too.

2 Comments:

Blogger bluememe said...

I like your poetic voice, Eric -- kinda Ray Carver meets R. Crumb as sung by Tom Waits.

The picture of your lawnmower.... um, that's ironic, right?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Wow! Thanks for stopping by Mister Blue Meme. And for the compliment. I used to fill journals with little bits like that and fell away from it. I'm trying to get back in to it.

As for the lawn mower, well, it's a little ironic, I guess. And I think irony is in the ear of the...you know. But it's also me embracing the mundane and getting excited about it. Like no show socks and Disneyland. And the lawn does need to be cut, after all.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home