Thursday, December 14, 2006

Triniblog Day 4

I found my lucky project rock.


It was in the safe.


We had our meeting with the customer. That's the customer smiling on the left.

And there was some discussion, but I was able to get an acceptance document for the delivered work.


I thought I was done with all that, but it seems my life is still a constant struggle for acceptance.

Not a lot of pictures today. I was busy all day. Then Lester picked me up.

Here's a picture of Lester in what has been my chariot all week (except for yesterday with Terry). If you're ever in Trinidad, look him up. Lester Taxi - 868-797-2244. He'll show you around, get you around, and keep you safe.

I blurred out his plate except for the 'H'. I don't know why I did that, except that usually when I see cars on TV or the internet, the plate is blurred out. Here in Trinidad, all personal vehicle plates start with 'P.' All taxi plates start with 'H'. All heavy vehicles start with 'T'. That makes no sense, right? Well Lester explained that 'T' is for 'truck' and 'H' is for 'hire.'

He had some time and we decided to get dinner together. We looked for a local place with either some music or some food I hadn't tried yet. We couldn't find anything open. But we came across a Tony Roma's, and he said he'd never been to one. So I decided to take him to an American meal. The menu and the food, as far as I can tell, is genuine USA Tony Roma's. Good ribs, standard menu, nothing out of the ordinary. No goat or oxtail.

The only weird thing was the Thousand Island Dressing tasted like pickles. I couldn't eat it.


Funny thing - another me and nice clothes and food story. I decided to take off my white dress shirt for the ribs, and I didn't notice that the ribs were sticking off the side of my plate - my side of the plate. I pulled my shirt back and leaned forward to take it off and...


...got barbecue sauce all over my T-shirt. But my dress shirt was spared. If you haven't heard it, ask me to tell you my ribs with the customer story from when I did a project for Aspect and Discover Card. It's a good 'un.

When I was packing up my toiletries, I saw this in the bathroom.


So if I had brought an electric shaver, I would have needed that adapter I bought after all. I'm tempted to charge my laptop in there just to say I used it, but the outlet clearly says, "Shavers Only." I guess at one time all of the outlets were like that. And maybe in some places they still are.

Now I'm off to pack. I need to get up at 5:00, get showered and out the door to check out by 6:00 and meet Lester downstairs. Then it's off to the airport early for security. Then on to my 9:00 AM flight. Then Miami and, I think going through customs. But I'm not sure because as far as I know, I don't change planes. So maybe I go through customs at SFO? We'll see. I plan to sleep as much as possible. Eyeshades and iPod. Or is it iShades?

Whatever. I'll be in San Francisco at 4:45 PM or so, PST. I get four hours back with the time difference, so that's a total of 11 hours of travel. 14 if you count from when I leave the hotel.

Thanks to all for the support while I've been away. It helped a lot. And thanks to wife and boy for picking me up at SFO on a Friday night. I know how much that sucks. I can't wait to hug you both.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be reading this tonight, but 'bon voyage' home. I've enjoyed reading about your travels.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home