Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hey Hey...

So now I seem to have misplaced the little cable I need to connect my camera to my computer to transfer pictures so I can post them here. I'm sure it will turn up.

In the meantime, here's a quick update on our world.

Work has been busy, and in a good way in that I'm working on some cool applications.

Rachel had her annual review and it went well. Also, the plant will start generating electricity on Monday. That's a very big deal.

Jake is wrestling and will be starting baseball soon. His grades seem to be holding steady at honor roll levels. He is wearing size 12 shoes but is not yet taller than me. I think he was taller than Laurie.

Laurie came for a visit (imagine a nice photo here). Lots of fun - we went antique store shopping, ate some lunch in Clear Lake, hung out, tubbed and such. Great visit. And she (the little stinker) only rearranged a few of my spices.

The golf cart is pretty much finished. (Imagine before and after pictures here.) The paint job isn't perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did before when it was sort of beige, sort of white, and all scuffed up. I got the lights working so we can drive it safely at night. I think the thing I am most proud of is using a hole saw to mount the charger receptacle - it fits perfectly. Oh, and replacing the forward reverse switch was a little challenging, but basically by removing one wire at a time from the old and connecting to the new, I was able to do it. So that's cool.

I have finally managed to get down to 1 (one, that's right, one) remote control to control the stereo, DVD, DirectTV box, Tivo, and TV. Wanna watch TV? Push the button that says, "Watch TV." Wanna watch a movie? Push the button that says, "Watch A Movie." The only thing that seems to be missing is the handy "skip 30 seconds" Tivo button.

Is Tivo in the dictionary yet like "google" as a verb?

I weeded Glendale Beach last weekend. (Imagine a picture of Glenndale Beach with weeds 3 and 4 feet high) That was no fun. And there's still a few left. (Imagine a picture of Glenndale Beach with a few little weeds left)

Why are there two 'n's in Glenn but only one 'l' in Michele? And why aren't there two 'c's in Eric(c)?

I haven't done much writing lately, but I did write down some more ideas for where that little story is headed. I need to do some research in to meteors and Astronomy in general. So nothing to add right now, but soon, I hope. This research will be much more fun because dear sister got me a great backyard astronomy book. And if I wasn't so in to Against The Day right now (760 or so) I would be reading that non-stop.

I was considering being a vampire developer tonight, but I've got a review Thursday morning that I'd really rather not sleep through. And if I pull a 4AM night tonight, I won't get to sleep tomorrow night and I'll be groggy at best on Thrusday Mroning.

That's right, Thrusday Mroning.

Oh, and it seems that just the male peacock has been coming around lately. Hopefully that means that the females (pea hens?) are off somewhere guarding nests with eggs and we'll have a few more this Spring.

(Imagine the picture Jake took of the peacock with its feathers out)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Tivo is not in the dictionary as a verb yet, it should be. My wife and I use it as a verb all the time.

Who said Michelle only has one 'l'?

Congrats on the successful golf cart work. I am usually happy when I finish a project & it doesn't have to be thrown in the trash immediately.

Lovely pictures. Great color. What kind of camera did you use?

Close of escrow - 9 days. Move to California - less than 4 weeks. No stress. AAAARRRRGHHHHH!!!! ok - I'm good now.

-Joe

5:15 PM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

My Michele (Muh-MuhMuh muh MuhMuh My Michey Yea Yelll! GNR Rules! ) has one "l" and that's all she'll ever need...however...Glenndale Beach with weeds? It seems so appropriate, and yet Eric- how could you let my beach go to sod???
Whyyyyy!???????

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prove it!!! Okay, okay, I confess...I moved the Cumin...and I think the pepper...or was it the Italian seasoning? I don't recall. Had a good time, although it would have been nice to lounge on Glendale Beach! Love you- "TLS"

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home