Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pictures at last...

I bought a nifty little Universal (almost) USB Adapter. So I'm able to get pictures off of my camera again.

Here's a few shots of the progression of the Hotel Yorba Courtesy Car...























































We had a lot of fun working on it. And we learned some stuff about electricity getting those lights to work. I still don't understand how it works, but when you ground to the negative battery terminal, it makes your lights work when you turn them on and prevents smoking wires when you turn them off. We got a few things off of eBay, a bunch of rattle cans, and the body and better parts off of the second cart we bought. Rachel and Lauren took it for a spin around the neighborhood and someone commented that it was "beautiful." I don't know if it's quite that - Jake and I tend to see every mistake we made, but it is unique around here, and it looks a lot cooler than it did when we bought it.

Here's the best picture anyone's taken of the neighborhood peacock...























Jake got that one.


Here's Glenndale Beach before...
















...and after...

















...and my legs after the first weedwhacking session of Spring...
















Brianna came up for a visit a few weeks ago...




...and she brought Laurie with her...






My Grandfather Babe told me a joke once.

Q: How do you get an Italian to quit talking?
A: Tie her hands.

We had a nice relaxing weekend. I could use another one of those.

Things have been crazy busy. The power plant is coming on line within days, so Rachel has been busy. Jake got slammed with allergies as it turns out, which necessitated a couple of trips to Kaiser. Jake is wrapping up wrestling while starting baseball. Today, he goes from school, to a wrestling tournament, and then to baseball practice, then home for homework. Work's been busy for me. Does anyone get this joke? "Oh, see the text to speech engine failed to speak because of an invalid MIME-type." Nope. Just me and Tim. Cuz will say he gets it, but as a PM, he doesn't really.

That's it for now. More to come sooner than you might think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See - I still come read your blog. We'll be down in Cali starting next week.

I'm disappointed - a red golf cart & no flames. You are probably pushing it with the HOA as it is just by painting it a non-approved color.

Very nice pic of the peacock. Was there a peahen nearby?

I think I might recommend long pants for the next round of weed whacking.

Opps... gotta get back to packing. Lots to do - whatever we don't pack, the movers will pack on Friday. Of course, they don't take the boxes until Monday, so it will be an interestig weekend. I guess we can sit around and count boxes.

-Joe

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home