Thursday, June 14, 2007

I was feeling bad and a little guilty...

...about the delay between posts. But then I saw that Glenn is still Mr. April. And he may be Mr. October before he posts again. And that made me feel a little better. But I'm worried that he might just be waiting for the Yankees to creep up on the Red Sox and let me have it.

I've got lots to go back and cover, and I'll try to get to that. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But I will try to keep posts more frequent moving forward.

I was grump today. No, crabby. Crumpy? Work is a bit of a drag. Nothing really challenging or exciting going on there. I know I promised to stop bitching about it, but it's bringing me down today. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

And there's thousands of these little bugs eating my lawn to death. They may or may not be spider mites. It sucks.

And I am still an inch from level for getting our pool up and filled.

I got a new instrument cluster for the Trooper and hopefully it will be good as used again tomorrow. Then we can take the Jetta in.

Rachel's not feeling well and is already talking about calling in sick to work tomorrow. Maybe I'll do the same - take a mental health day or something.

Did I mention that some of my dearest friends are soon to be nearer to me once again? The Tresnits are moving to Portland and the McAfees are moving back to the Bay Area. Hooray for that. I'll see them more often. Then again, Madden's been back for a month or so now and I still haven't seen him yet.

And I'm still crumpy.

So, you know what. I'm just gonna git-er-done. My wrestling coach, Mr. (Jim) Naugle taught one of the most valuable lessons in life. After a really hard drill, he would make us do more - like we did 15 minutes of scrimmaging and then he'd say, "Let's go, on your backs, 30-20 (that's 30 sit-ups, 20 push-ups). Do 'em now while your tired." Also, he never made us run. "If you want to win, you'll run on your time."

Anyway - here's a quick run down on some things...

I turned 39...



...on Mother's Day...



...and then Michael got a pace maker. I wanted Rachel to get a close up of the scar, but he wasn't allowed to lift his arm to get his shirt off...


...and then last weekend, we went to help Laurie put her new gazebo together...





...and then I tried to fix her jacked up computer. Unfortunately, she needs a new hard drive as hers is destined to fail soon. Did you buy one yet, Sis? Let me know and I'll try to make some time to come down and fix it. Or maybe have you bring it here where I have my tools and fix-it resources...


...and then we went to see Pirates and I sat briefly with the Simpsons.


And the movie theater had ice cream again (finally), so it was OK that I couldn't get a Blizzard at the DQ in the Food Court. And just thinking about that day makes me happy.

But I'm still Crumpy.

Anyway, I should do a long post on each of those pictures. Especially important things like Michael getting a pace maker. But I may not get to that and wanted to at least get the pictures up. He's doing better now. Everything is groovy according to the doctors. And I'll see him this weekend for our Father's Day gathering at the Elliots' house on Saturday. And Laurie's gazebo is still standing. And I am still 39.

Hot tub, then sleep, then maybe a sick day tomorrow.

Oh wait! Just one more. This one's for Laurie and Glenn...


It was painful every time I put it on. Once it's on, it isn't so bad. Unless you stumble across a mirror. Anyway - it serves as proof of my dedication to my son.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI DEXTER...LOOK AT THAT HAT!!!!!!!!!! WOW, if only I got a shot of you pounding a Starbucks while shopping at WalMart!!!!!

Thanks again for putting up my gazebo...NOT a moment too soon...The jackasses behind me just put up a trampoline! SERIOUSLY...All I saw last night were a bunch of fools bouncing up & down on the other side of the fence! I'm gonna need to move the circus tent over a few feet to have some privacy in the living room now! GO FIGURE!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW: See, I'm a messy marvin too...but I can't believe you posted MONICA'S Closet!!! At least you didn't post my bedroom picture! I think my extreme OCD is finally subsiding...well, sort of, the office STILL looks like that, although the crap is in neater piles now!

Haven't had any time to investigate the computer issue...May need your services soon converting all my photos before that sucker crashes on me. (Nice...all I really give a crap about are my pictures, although I guess that speaks volumes!)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home